Olive Tree Image

Olive Tree Image
Now these things happened to them as an example, and they were written for our instruction,
upon whom the ends of the ages have come.

1 Corinthians 10:11 (NASB95)

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Prophet or Profit ?

Laying awake one night, the recent talk of the 2014-2015 Tetrad blood red moons came to mind.  This has gotten a lot of press in the last year or two as a last day sign of the end of days ..  As I thought about this, I was reminded how I got caught up in it and the possibility of what it points to.  I bought the books, watched the Youtube videos and even discussed it with excitement at our Bible study fellowship.  Reflecting on this, the word "Prophet" came to mind, but as I contemplated this thought I realized that it was spelled "Profit".  Sometimes lessons or correction can be had with one word.  I get excited about the Return of our Redeemer, and I guess that my desire for Him to return, might have blinded me a bit. I believe that what I was supposed to learn from all of this is that in the End of Days our Heavenly Father is going to cause/ allow things to fall upon the inhabitants of the Earth which have Never happened before.  It will be something brand new which has never occurred in Earth's history.  It will be similar to what happened to Korah and all of those who stood against Moses and Aaron in the Wilderness. (Numbers16:30).  It will happen suddenly with NO time for any so called prophet to make profit from selling books, speaking engagements, videos, etc...  I see that a "litmus test" which we should perfom with things like this is to ask ourselves; "is this teacher, pastor, writer, etc., a prophet or are they making profit".  A simple lesson from one word..  If someone is making money with the Bible, red flags should immediately go up.   Lesson learned..  Thank you Father for correcting me.  I hope that everyone who reads this will do the same..  Maranatha,  John

No comments:

Post a Comment